Vision and Mission of the College
The vision of the Federal College of Education (Special) is
- To train and produce a crop of highly professional and technically-skilled manpower for special needs education at the primary and secondary levels of education.
- To undertake thorough research into the peculiar needs of the gifted and talented in the Nigerian society and advance such information for the improvement of their educational services and fostering of their talents.
The above vision is broken down into the following mission statements:
- To produce highly professional, competent and committed teachers for special education at the primary and secondary levels of education;
- To produce manpower with high level technological know-how that would enable them to operate, maintain and repair specialised equipment and materials for special education;
- To produce a body of young professionals ingrained with attitudes, values and interests compatible with the social and economic circumstances around persons with special needs;
- To create an environment for research into the peculiar needs of people with disabilities in the gifted and talented in the Nigerian society; and
- To encourage the training of serving teachers through Part-Time Studies so as to upgrade their skills.